Monday, March 8, 2010

Visita de Esha

Today, Maria told me that my son was coming to the clinic, and then laughed. I was very confused, and then realized she was talking about one of the twins. Sure enough, he came to the clinic, and it was a very nice reunion.
Esha is here now, which is wonderful. It's great having someone else in the dorm, being able to speak in English all day, and sharing my life here with someone from home. And, of course, it's just a lot of fun to hang out with her.
Two days ago, I gave the dorm a thorough cleaning in preparation for the people coming through. Tired and disgusting after the day, I was getting ready to take a shower, so I hung up the clean clothes I was going to wear. The pair of scrubs fell down, so I picked it up, and then a scorpion ran out from underneath. So that was terrifying. The worst was that, in my hysteria, I didn't see where it went. It's out there now, still on the loose, looking for vengeance...
Yesterday I made lunch for everyone--baked chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, cookies, and Janelle made salad. It was great eating some good old midwestern food again. And Ben brought me bacon from the city, so I cannot wait to consume that.
Esha came bearing gifts of candy and glasses, both of which are wonderful. Marmy, good work on the glasses--I love them!
Well, it's 10 now, so I'm off to get my Pepsi!

No comments:

Post a Comment